Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Small Talk

I'm kicking myself for not including Smokey Robinson's "You've Really Got A Hold On Me" in my Top 20 of the 60s...

- - - - - -

Popmatters, yet again, has made my day. This article on a variation of the slow dance made me laugh out loud and cringe at the same time. Pure, undeniable, genius. Bravo

- - - - - -

I'm going to see The Bad Plus on Thursday, and am quite excited. I had totally forgotten about the show and then today realized it was tomorrow and sort of freaked out.

I am also excited about the Glen Kotche/Nels Cline show on Monday. Between those and the excellent Miles Davis live album my dad gave me (Black Beauty: Miles Davis At Fillmore West), this is one of the jazzier weeks in recent memory.

- - - - - -

Oh, and i'm going to Game 1 of the NLDS! Let's go Mets!

1 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

You've Really Got a Hold on Me would definitely be in my top 10. But I'm trying to figure out what the other 9 would be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home