Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Random Thoughts

Random Thoughts:

Andre 3000 is awesome. Tonight i listend to The Love Below for the first time in probably close to a year and its fucking impressive. Its a 'concept album' that doesn't feel forced and there is really some great playing on it. The bassline on "Prototype" for instance - it smokes. Plus, who doesn't love a cameo from Farnsworth Bentley?

Easter candy might slightly surpass Halloween candy as the best seasonal candy. I guess there are just more specific Easter candies: Cadbury Eggs (the best candy on earth), Peeps (although they have begun to infiltrate the rest of the year), plus all sorts of assortments of the usual beloved candies in egg form.

Pavement's "Carrot Rope" has not been out of my head for like 3 days. But its a great song. I think that and "Stereo" might be their two best songs. And i still maintain that Malkmus solo is better than Pavement 9 times out of 10. But those two songs blow away any solo Malkmus song. Oh, and i'm going to see him in June @ Irving Plaza. Yeah for me. Viva la Jicks

I am starting to get really antsy for spring (and not for the same reason as i liked spring in college Erin). Fuck this cold weather. I'm sick of it.

I'm determined to learn more banjo chords. I keep saying that, but lately i've REALLY wanted to learn more. So yeah - everyone get on me about learning more banjo.

If you're on myspace, add my record label as a friend. Trying to spread the word. http://www.myspace.com/thefranklinrecordingco

Let's go Mets!

My whitetrash neighbors are really taking it to new levels lately. When the weather is a little warmer than freezing, the one guy busts out his HOT leather jacket w/ the sleeves cut off with a wonderful embroidered American flag and the word AMERICA on the back. Now that is class. As are the 50+ items my mom counted on their back lawn once.

Anyone else see the daytime TV commercial featuring the dog telling you about insurance.com? It might be the stupidest commercial on principle of all time.

More later this week...

1 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Wow,

It's corny to say, but I've been sad without a rant update for so long.

The truth's finally out B. I live on your every word. (I guess you're my Jesus)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home